Accommodation - Gansbaai - De Kelders
An intimate guest house on top of the rugged Cliffs of De Kelders, offers you whale watching from the comfort of your bed! Stanley & Lainy Carpenter welcome you to their guesthouse Whale Song Lodge overlooking the picturesque Walker Bay with views of the coastline stretching from the white sand dunes of “Die Plaat“ past Hermanus all the way to Cape Point.
Find seafront accommodation on South Africa´s whale coast which offers excellent land-based whale watching, shark cage diving, diverse fynbos, rugged coastal cliffs and deserted beaches; situated only 2 hr from Cape Town just before the fishing village of Gansbaai famous for its Great White Sharks.
Why Whalesong Lodge guest house?
De Kelders is north facing (remember, this is the sunny side in the southern hemisphere) and one of the few places on the Whale Coast of South Africa where you are able to enjoy sundowners while watching the sun set over the Atlantic ocean.
But the biggest reason is (and believe us these southern right whales are big!) there is no place in South Africa were you are able to watch the whales up-close from the shore as you do from the De Kelders cliffs and the accommodation at Whale Song Lodge is on those cliffs only 70m from sea, you can't get closer unless you go for a swim!
And did we mention that we
- organise excursions for you: cage-diving with the great white shark, boat based whale watching, guided fynbos hikes, horse riding on secluded beaches.
- are 1 ½ hrs drive from Agulhas - do a scenic daytrip along the fynbos road through Elim to the southern tip of Africa
- enjoy a sunset everyday like our ancestors, that first lived here 80 000yrs ago
- located in the newest wine region of South Africa
- serve delicious dinners accompanied by finest Overberg wine
- go all the way to stock what you like for breakfast
- fell asleep in various furniture stores until we selected the correct beds
- disclose the location of secluded bays at our doorstep for save swimming
- direct you to some of the most beautiful beaches the Cape has to offer
- inform you about where to shop in Hermanus, whom to greet in Gansbaai and which fisherman not to believe a single word
Whalesong Lodge guesthouse in De Kelders was purpose built in 2003 to provide accommodation in a relaxed environment and to share the abundance this coastline has to offer with a selected few; we hope you will be one of them.
See you at Whale Song!
P.S.: If there is anything you miss in the list above that would make your holiday in the Overberg a perfect one, just drop us a line and we will see what can be done
© Whalesong Lodge, Gansbaai , South Africa
83 Cliff Street, De Kelders | Tel.: +27-28-384 1865
design by ANPA